Toledo Public Schools serves more than 22,000 students in two pre-schools, 40 elementary schools and nine high schools.
In December, 2013, Dr. Romules Durant became the CEO/Superintendent and set the school district on a course for positive change. Building on two significant endeavors -- the highly acclaimed Transformation Plan and an inclusive Performance Audit -- TPS has worked diligently to create a platform for new and innovative programs and curriculum offerings.
In 2014, with transformation and change well on its way to making TPS a nationally recognized urban school district, district leaders determined that it was time to develop a strategic plan that would serve as the vision and road map for the future. After a year of working with Battelle For Kids and soliciting input from teachers, administrators, students, parents and community and civic leaders, the Strategic Plan is going to be implemented in the 2015-2016 school year.
There are six goals:
• Increase Student Achievement and Growth
• Focus on District Accountability, Quality Assessment and a District-Wide Comprehensive Instructional Plan
• Provide a Mentally and Physically Safe Environment to Students, Staff and Stakeholders
• Attract and Retain Highly Skilled and Performing Staff to Ensure District Success
• Improve Public Confidence, Support and Investment in TPS Students, Schools and Staff
• Ensure Efficient and Effective District Operations and Appropriately Managed District Assets Ensuring Fiscal Transparency, Sustainability and Taxpayer Accountability
Click here for the full report: Strategic Plan for TPS
Posted on August 31, 2015