With the scariest night of the year fast approaching, we wanted to offer some tips designed to keep your ghosts and goblins safe as they trick or treat.
Triple A of Northwest Ohio wants to remind drivers to watch their speed on Halloween night because children may attempt to cross mid-block or between parked cars.
Drivers should also remember to:
- Look for children's shoes or costumes under vehicles to make sure they are not crossing between cars.
- Use appropriate car seats and have children exit and enter the vehicle on the passenger side.
- Obey all traffic signs, signals and markings.
Other safety-related items to remember:
- Children should have costumes that are visible and fit properly - they may be difficult to see if they are wearing dark costumes.
- Trick-or-treaters wearing masks may have an obstructed view of cars and traffic.
- Children should be reminded to follow all of the safety rules.
Posted on October 23, 2015