The Purple & Gold Event, a major fund-raiser for the athletic program at Waite High School, will be held this coming Saturday, July 25.
The event will feature a carnival-like atmosphere with a dunk tank and numerous games, $10 barbecue dinners catered by City BBQ, a performance by cheerleaders – and the annual Purple and Gold Game featuring the Waite High Indians.
Plus, there will be the Purple & Gold Raffle, with a first place prize of $1,000, second place of $500 and third place of $250. (The best part? You can get bundle packages of meals and raffle tickets. For example, for $50, a family will get four meals and five raffle tickets).
Here is a rundown of the Purple & Gold Events:
• E.T.J.F.L. 7-on-7 Tournament – noon-4:30 p.m.
• E.T.J.F.L. Big Man Competition - noon-4:30 p.m.
• Award Ceremony - 4:45 p.m.
• E.T.J.F.L. Cheerleaders Performance – 5-5:15 p.m.
• Barbecue Dinners begin being served – 6 p.m.
• WAITE Football Indians Purple and Gold Game – 6 p.m. sundown
All the fun takes place at Waite High School, 301 Morrison Dr., and is free and open to the public.
Posted on July 22, 2015