In an effort to keep the students of Toledo Public Schools engaged during their summer break, a number of TPS administrators and representatives from other local agencies are heading out to LMHA sites over the next few weeks to host fun-filled educational fairs that will include free book giveaways and educational activities.
First up on Wednesday, July 15, was a free event for residents who live in the McClinton Nunn Homes at 435 Nebraska Ave. Staff members from TPS grilled up free hot dogs and hamburgers (with all the trimmings) for everyone in attendance. Free books were given away and Dr. Romules Durant, CEO/Superintendent of Toledo Public Schools, was on hand.
At that event and others this summer, parents and guardians will have a chance to register their children for the 2015-2016 school year.
The days, times and other locations that will host community outreach events are as follows:
• Monday, July 27 from 1:30-3 p.m., at Northern Heights
• Wednesday, July 29th from 1:30-3 p.m. at Charles Weiler Homes
• Tuesday, August 4th from 1:30-3 p.m. at Elmdale Mercer
• Saturday, August 8th from 1-3 p.m. at Birmingham Terrace
• Tuesday, August 11th from 1:30-3 p.m. at Ravine Park
Posted on July 17, 2015