Toledo Public Schools is again hosting the Celebration of Excellence dinner to recognize the academic achievements of the valedictorians and salutatorians from each of its eight high schools.
Eastern Michigan University is again the sponsor for this year’s dinner, which will be held from 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, April, 29, at the Toledo Club. The keynote speaker will be Dr. Dennis Patrick, a communications professor at Eastern Michigan whose research focuses on communication in “discourse dependent” families. Such families are visibly different than the so-called traditional family and thus spend more time explaining, justifying and defending their family to others.
The top two students from each of the district’s eight high schools are:
- Bowsher High School: Valedictorian: Michelle Klingberg Salutatorian: Jacob Stewart
- Rogers High School -- Valedictorian: Taylor Adolph Salutatorian: Kayla Vehue
- Scott High School Valedictorian: Jazmyliena Martin Salutatorian: Zaynab Alfaham
- Start High School Valedictorian: Derek Corey-Goodman Salutatorian: Jack Smolenski
- Toledo Early College High School Valedictorian: Tala Abou-Dahech Salutatorian: Ngoc Mai
- Toledo Technology Academy Valedictorian: Kaylee Loofbourrow Salutatorian: Rosa Celestino
- Waite High School Valedictorian: Hannah Hartford Salutatorian: Jerrica Slawski
- Woodward High School Valedictorian: Maya Olive Salutatorian: Shyanne Crawford
Congratulations to all of these students for their hard work and dedication. You make us all TPS Proud.
Posted on April 24, 2015