District Mission: Toledo Public Schools’ mission is to produce competitive college and career ready graduates through a rigorous curriculum across all grade levels by implementing Ohio’s New Learning Standards with fidelity.
District Vision: Toledo Public Schools strives to be an ‘A-rated’ school district whose graduates are college and career ready.
- Student-Centered: District-wide decisions and operations will be built around the best interest of students.
- Accountability-Based Management: Maintain an accountability system that will have a direct impact on student growth.
- Building Stronger Relationships: Continue to strengthen and broaden the relationships TPS has with all stakeholders and local organizations while working to establish full community inclusion.
- Technology Oriented: Maintain a technology-based environment that meets the needs of the new digital age, which consists of current and future students.
- Rigorous Curriculum: Continue to research best practices and offer relevant professional development that aligns with 21st century national and state standards, thus ensuring students gain the competitive skills required to succeed in a global economy.
- Develop a Culture of High Expectations: Establish a district-wide climate and belief system that all students, staff, and schools have the ability to achieve EXCELLENCE.