Toledo Public Schools strives to provide an environment where all students can thrive and be challenged and supported. We currently support that goal through a variety of approaches:
- Curriculum differentiation
- Gifted sections of ELA and Math for 5th and 6th grades
- Subject acceleration and EHSO
- Whole grade acceleration following ODE guidelines and using the Iowa Acceleration Scale and approved assessments
- College Credit Plus (CCP)
- Honors and Advanced Placement (AP) classes
Children who are gifted and are receiving gifted services have a Written Education Plan (WEP) that provides goals for the student.
Children who are subject or whole grade accelerated have a Written Acceleration Plan (WAP) that provides a plan for the transition to the higher class or grade level.
Click below for more information about the Gifted Program at Toledo Public Schools:
This is a link to a guide to help educators and parents understand the difference between a bright child and a gifted child:
This is a resource for parents and educators:
The Ohio Association for Gifted Children is also a great resource of information for parents and educators:
The National Association for Gifted Children is another valuable resource for parents and educators.